Friday, 8 April 2011
Root Motorola Milestone XT720
Disclaimer: Proceed at your own risk. We are not responsible if your device gets bricked or damaged during the process.
1. You need to have working USB connection between your Motorola Milestone and computer. You may install the drivers CD that came along with your phone for a successful USB connection.
2. We will be using SuperOneClick tool for rooting the Motorola Milestone. Download “SuperOneClick.zip” on to your computer and extract it’s contents.
1. Put your Motorola Milestone into “USB Debugging Mode”. To do it, go to “Applications”—> “Settings” –> “Applications” –> “Development” –> and check the box “USB debugging”.
2. Connect the Motorola Milestone to your computer using USB Cable.
3. Open the download the extracted folder content “SuperOneClickv1.6.5-ShortFuse” and run the executable “SuperOneClick.exe”.
4. Click on “Root” button.
In few seconds, your Motorola Milestone XT720 should get rooted! You now have full file system access and can now install apps that need root access for working.